Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Young mother and also 1st time pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Young mother and also 1st time pool owner

To be honest I don't know what my pools is considered (name) its 26ft around and 48in. Deep and above ground. Need to know what its name is so I can buy or download owners manual. Also don't know how to maintenance it, vacuum, take care of pump and filter, ect.. So anyone who can I'd greatly appreciate any help or advice thanks

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Young mother and also 1st time pool owner

Welcome to the forum.

I can't help identify your pool.

Start learning to take care of your water chemistry by reading "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome Mama B!

I recommend you go to Pool School. The information is invaluable and will help you to understand.
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Start reading all you can and get a good test kit, it will make it so much easier to manage your pet/pool The speedstir and XL option are great to have but not mandatory, they will help alot..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!

In addition to getting one of the Recommended Test Kits, here are some resources to give you an overview of managing your pool using our methods:
    1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
    2. Chlorine CYA Chart
    3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
    4. Recommended Levels
    5. Pool Math
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Hello Brittany, and welcome! All the links you see in this thread and our signatures contain everything you need. As others have said, the test kit is "extremely" important to keep your water clean & clear. Why? Because we've all learned (from personal experience) you cannot reply on pool store tests, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They don't read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need.

Golden rule - Avoid the pool store for testing, advice, or products. You simply won’t get the advice/service you deserve and you will waste money on products your pool doesn’t need. Do not add anything to your pool other than what is advocated by the TFP site or its experts. You’ll have a happier pool, spend less time maintaining your pool, and probably save some $$ in the process. The following are short articles from this site that you will see linked in my signature below: Pool School, Recommended Levels (for YOUR pool), PoolMath Calculator, SLAM, and the Chlorine/CYA Chart.

Once you get that recommended test kit (awesome by the way), let us know and we'll help keep your pool clean & clear all year long.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Tallahassee, FL

You can take a pic of your equipment and we can help you with the care and use of them.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!