in ground pool and spa valves

Jun 18, 2015
Murrieta
Hello,
I am currently watching over my mothers house and she has an in ground pool and spa. The spa flows into the pool. I am having trouble understanding the valves completely and could use some help. I know the valve on the far left is the return valve for the pool and spa (only cause its labeled lol) but the valves on the right I'm not completely getting.
I believe the valve on the far right is for the suction of the pool but how do i turn on the skimmer to take in or the bottom drains? When i turn it one way big bubbles come out of the spa and pool but if i put it the other way it doesnt even seem like its working.
I believe i get the spa/pool suction but was having trouble with it at first and would find the spa draining when i turned on the filter. But I think i have it right now but would like any input anyone has. Also on the actual valves there is a plus sign does that have any significance? I appreciate the help and any advise

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.