Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: in ground pool and spa valves

1. Back To Top    #1

in ground pool and spa valves

I am currently watching over my mothers house and she has an in ground pool and spa. The spa flows into the pool. I am having trouble understanding the valves completely and could use some help. I know the valve on the far left is the return valve for the pool and spa (only cause its labeled lol) but the valves on the right I'm not completely getting.
    I believe the valve on the far right is for the suction of the pool but how do i turn on the skimmer to take in or the bottom drains? When i turn it one way big bubbles come out of the spa and pool but if i put it the other way it doesnt even seem like its working.
    I believe i get the spa/pool suction but was having trouble with it at first and would find the spa draining when i turned on the filter. But I think i have it right now but would like any input anyone has. Also on the actual valves there is a plus sign does that have any significance? I appreciate the help and any advise

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: in ground pool and spa valves

Welcome to the forum.

You will need to post a pic before anyone can do anything but take a wild guess.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: in ground pool and spa valves

Welcome to TFP!

Please add your pool info in your sig as shown here: Pool School - Getting Started
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach