About to start a SLAM...do I need to worry about TA of 70?

May 29, 2013
I'm about to start a SLAM. I have my TF100 test kit so I'm done with the pool store readings. I just replaced my cartridge filters which I think was my main issue with keeping the pool clean. I want to SLAM to make sure I get whatever is in there out and keep a clear pool with just Bleach instead of using what the pool store recommends. I read the page about how to SLAM but I wanted to check about the TA first.

My PH is 7.5 and my TA is 70. Should I wait to raise my TA up before I start? And should I drop my PH a little more from 7.5? Pool is about 23,000 gallons

Here are my readings from my TF100
FC 5.5
CC 0.5
TA 70
PH 7.5
CH 300
CYA 50

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the reply.

I want to SLAM because I've been seeing algae gathering on the bottom and corners of my pool. My FC doesn't hold like it should so I know I have something in the water. The water is clear so hopefully it doesn't take long to get algae free. I'll try to get a picture of the pool but really it doesn't look too bad I just want to get rid of the algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.