Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Return jets stuck

1. Back To Top    #1

Return jets stuck

Hi,

I have been having issues with my pool, which have yet to be addressed.

In the meantime, I've been changing out my return jets for smaller ones to reduce the volume of water, and one return is corroded in and I cannot get the back part of the return out with needle nose pliers.

Is there a trick to getting it out without ruining the pipes?

Thanks,
    3,000 gallon pool, IG, marcite finish, new equipment: Hayward 100 sq ft cartridge filter, 1.5 hp Hayward SP2602VSP variable pump, Hayward swimpure plus salt chlorination, valves. not sure when it was built, ware tested at pool store

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Return jets stuck

Are there two slots opposite each other on the part you are talking about?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Return jets stuck

Not any more, it is falling apart, yet not enough to come out.
    3,000 gallon pool, IG, marcite finish, new equipment: Hayward 100 sq ft cartridge filter, 1.5 hp Hayward SP2602VSP variable pump, Hayward swimpure plus salt chlorination, valves. not sure when it was built, ware tested at pool store

4. Back To Top    #4

Return jets stuck

If they're what I think they are, there's a jet and collar that screw onto what is basically a nipple that has two different thread types (one for the collar of the jet, and the other screws into the return pipe itself)...when you buy new jets, it should come with the part that screws into the return pipe, so you are free to ruin that piece since you'll be replacing them. I gently used a pipe wrench to get the ones out that gave me trouble.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history