Diamond Brite French Gray Pool Finish Inconsistencies

Jun 18, 2015
Dallas/Texas
Hi all,

We just had a new pool put in and it's going great. The only complaints are that the people that did the plaster didn't do a great job. On our tanning deck and pool steps, there seems to be a lot of big streaks where there is no aggregate visible. I believe this is because they didn't mix it long enough or mixed it for too long? I'm not quite sure. They decided to do the 'acid bath' method of exposing all of the aggregate which was fine (we didn't realize that it was the least desirable method until after they had done it, but it looks good nonetheless).

I guess my question is, is there any way of getting more aggregate exposed where the streaks are? They are quite literally just streaks in the plaster that look void of any aggregate, they're just gray. Would a diamond disk polish it enough to make some aggregate underneath more visible? Or is there likely not any aggregate in those sections at all? In either case, is there a way to fix this and make it look a little better?

Thanks guys! Sorry if this isn't the right area of the forum, I'm a newbie.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.