Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Diamond Brite French Gray Pool Finish Inconsistencies

1. Back To Top    #1

Diamond Brite French Gray Pool Finish Inconsistencies

Hi all,

We just had a new pool put in and it's going great. The only complaints are that the people that did the plaster didn't do a great job. On our tanning deck and pool steps, there seems to be a lot of big streaks where there is no aggregate visible. I believe this is because they didn't mix it long enough or mixed it for too long? I'm not quite sure. They decided to do the 'acid bath' method of exposing all of the aggregate which was fine (we didn't realize that it was the least desirable method until after they had done it, but it looks good nonetheless).

I guess my question is, is there any way of getting more aggregate exposed where the streaks are? They are quite literally just streaks in the plaster that look void of any aggregate, they're just gray. Would a diamond disk polish it enough to make some aggregate underneath more visible? Or is there likely not any aggregate in those sections at all? In either case, is there a way to fix this and make it look a little better?

Thanks guys! Sorry if this isn't the right area of the forum, I'm a newbie.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Diamond Brite French Gray Pool Finish Inconsistencies

HI! I hope someone will come along. If not try the under construction part of the forum.

If you could share a pic or two that might be helpful also.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!