Intex CS8111 salt water pump service light

nysdal

Jun 18, 2015
Conway/SC
Hello all,
We recently bought a used Intex 16' X 52" above ground pool. We estimate that it is around 5 years old. It is a salt water pool and has a CS8111 Intex pump on it. The initial setup was a breeze and it ran problem free for the first 1.5 months. I noticed that it was running over a couple of days and I noticed that the service light was on. I went through the manual and did all of the maintenance it said to do. No luck. A quick call to Intex and they told me to buy a new pump. I still had the previous owners number, and he told me to open the case with the digital display and replace the 10 amp mini fuse. Voila! It worked fine for another month.

Now I can't get a fuse to last more than a couple of minutes. I thought it may be over heating since it has been so hot down here but there is nothing I can really do about heat unless I build an enclosure around it and air condition it.

Any ideas?

Hello and welcome to TFP! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully some with experience with your question can provide some answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.