First test... 1650 Calcium Hardness. What do I do?

Walmart and Dollar General are $3.00. Who is selling it for two???

Nobody that I know of, but that is the same effective price I usually pay. This year I purchased 64oz 8.25% for $1.00 per bottle at homeland when on sale and got a free case of eight for ordering a bunch through the manager. The previous two years it was the Ace Hardware Memorial day sale of Hth 10% 4 gallons for $10, but I missed this year's sale. Oklahoma and Texas don't have very many options for good sales.

Good morning, mastac.

I'm afraid I don't understand the draining method re: heating the pool in order to do so. It could be my own ignorance and/or a different set up. Or are you using the hot/cold to create siphon conditions? Or does the heat help the vinyl withstand the draining and prevent wrinkles?

- if they are telling you to do only partial changes because of a high water table and to avoid liner wrinkles, then yes, that's a good, conservative approach....just didn't understand the heating part.

Alternately...though not as conservative (but quicker)
Do you have a main drain and skimmer line, each with a valve you can turn off? (I have an inground vinyl and that's how mine works.)

Do you have a multiport filter with a waste setting? (You must, since you vacuumed to waste....)

If you have a set up like mine, you can close the skimmer valve, leave the drain valve open, and set the multiport to waste in order to drop the water level below the skimmer just using the pump.

Leave at least a foot of water in the shallow end, more if your water table is higher, to prevent the liner from floating.
========

If that's not the set up you have or if there's a reason for heating the water, please ignore ;) you may wish to add your pool and equipment details to your signature on your profile -- that will help others when giving advice.

If you have water table issues, btw, there is another way to change out water that involves using a big tarp or taped sheet of visqueen, laying it over the pool, running fresh water on top while simultaneously draining from the bottom or using an external pump below.

That way the water level never gets very low. If for any reason you wanted to go that route, post back and il try to dig up the thread -- or search "the sheet method" ;)

Whichever the route, best wishes in your pool takeover ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.