Hey there everyone!
My wife and I just bought a new house in the New Orleans area that has an in-ground pool ( roughly 16000 gallons). I've been checking the chemicals and found that the Chlorine readings have been zero, as in "0". I added 2 "pucks" of chlorine to the pool in the skimmers, but the readings have stayed at a solid "0". The pool is crystal clear and there isn't any problems, yet, with it. I was reading on here about using bleach to bring the Chlorine up. This is something that I watched my mother do in the pool we had while I was growing up, and she said for me to try it now. I just wanted to understand better as to why the chlorine level did not go up over a weeks time after I put those "pucks" in the pool? I have been using the testing strips that the previous owner had left behind for us to do the testing. The other chemicals are within normal readings, just the chlorine is not there. I am not a fan of these dip strips TBH, I am going to go out and buy the chemical tester for future testing. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!