Just tested water with Taylor K-2006
FC = 6
CC = .6
pH = 74
TA = 110
CYA = 35
CH = 470

No metals in water.

I know CH is very high. In this pool it's always been high and I've managed to have clear water. Combo of well water and city water. It's so expensive to empty and refill

I have a gunnite pool 75ft long by 15 ft wide. 55,000 gallons, sand filter. Filter runs 24/7 all summer.

Just completed a "Green to Clean" recommended by Leslie's. I was trying the TFP method but I must have done something wrong, because it went green. I hope I have provided enough information. I would greatly appreciate it if you all have any words of advice!!!! If I;ve left something out I apologize. I've read through the pool school and use the pool calculator (that;s where I guess i did something wrong). And, also I hate how big this stupid pool is. LOL!! I'm not sure how to do the signature with all the particulars in it.

You are trying to mix pool store advice and TFPC advice. It won't work!

Please ask questions, do not try to buy magic potions. I promise, we won't get mad if you are having issues.

Green to Clean is basically an ammonia product.

I hope the pH is really 7.4, not 74;)

You gave us the current readings, but how have they been running? Using the Green to Clean tessl me you had an algae outbreak, so it's time to url=http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl]SLAM your pool.[/url]

Hello and welcome! We can help for sure. I'm guessing your PH is 7.4 correct? :) Here's a few starters:
- Avoid the pool store for testing, advice, or products. You simply won’t get the advice/service you deserve and you will waste money on products your pool doesn’t need. Do not add anything to your pool other than what is advocated by the TFP site or its experts. You’ll have a happier pool, spend less time maintaining your pool, and probably save some $$ in the process. The following are short articles from this site that you will see linked in my signature below: Pool School, Recommended Levels (for YOUR pool), PoolMath Calculator, SLAM, and the Chlorine/CYA Chart.

- Your CC is over .5, so you should do a SLAM. SLAM is the term used when we “Shock” our pool to a higher “Level” of Free Chlorine (FC) and “Maintain” it that way until 3 objectives are met:
1. Water is clear
2. You do not lose any more than 1ppm of FC overnight (that's the OCLT)
3. CC (Combined Chlorine) is <.5
** You MUST meet ALL 3 items above to properly do a SLAM. Simply “spiking" the FC higher than normal isn't SLAMming, therefore there’s a good chance your algae will return. Look closely at the SLAM and Chlorine/CYA Chart links below. You need those right now.

At some point, please enter all of your pool information in your “signature” which can be accessed in your TFP profile. That information is valuable to TFP readers as they try to assist you. If you have any more questions, just re-post to this thread or ask. TFP’ers are always eager to assist. Have a great swimming season!

Thank you so much for the responses. This is the update...Monday night started the SLAM process. FC levels kept between 18 and 14.5. This morning I tested again (using Taylor k-2006) and levels are:
FC = 12.5, CC = .5, pH = 7.6, TA = 90, CH = 450, CYA looks to be between 30 and 35. Water is still green I will post pics as soon as I figure out how. I feel like the response is going to be "you still have algae!", if I've read the SLAM method correctly :)
I also added 1.25 cups DE (raised the pressure slightly over 1 lb psi. Anything else I should be doing? Thanks so much for the responses, they are TRULY appreciated!!!!

Hello again! :wave: Based on your latest numbers, this is what I see:
- I rounded-up your CYA reading to 40 which means your "SLAM" FC should never drop below 16. Anytime it does drop, you lose forward progress on your SLAM. :(
- No need to test your PH during the SLAM; the high chlorine messes-up that test.

I'm at work and this computer could not display your pics. Not sure if it's me or your link. But yes, if it's green, keep that FC level up to 16 or even a hair higher to make sure the sun doesn't steel it from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello again! :wave: Based on your latest numbers, this is what I see:
- I rounded-up your CYA reading to 40 which means your "SLAM" FC should never drop below 16. Anytime it does drop, you lose forward progress on your SLAM. :(
- No need to test your PH during the SLAM; the high chlorine messes-up that test.

I'm at work and this computer could not display your pics. Not sure if it's me or your link. But yes, if it's green, keep that FC level up to 16 or even a hair higher to make sure the sun doesn't steel it from you.

That's a pretty sweet pool! Can't wait to see this one turn crystal. I'll just echo the sentiments already stated. Just keep testing and adding only bleach and keeping that FC level above 16. Brush and vacuum often and you'll beat it. That's a big pool. If I were you I'd order up some extra reagent because even using the 10 mL FC samples you'll go through your supply pretty quickly. http://tftestkits.net/XL-Option-p62.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.