Pump keeps tripping, bad? Or water in plug?

Pump worked fine for 2 weeks. Then we got rain. It started tripping...just the pump not the SWG.
We dug out an old pump and put it on. Same issue (but I think that pump "died" when we took down our old pool.)
We're assuming both pump motors are bad and we need a new one?
So if that's the case, what do we get? I think we have a 1,000gph intex pump. I can replace it for $42. Then they have 1500gph for 59 and 2500gph for 69. After that is the sand pumps at about $120?
I know nothing about those though.
Help! Is my pump dead? Will replacing it fix my issue?
And if I need new which should I go with.
My pool is a hand me down and not likely to last another year so I wonder if the lesser of an investment is best for now?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The pump (all of them) cord itself has a gfci.
We had 3 pumps. The one that came with the pool (used) that worked fine for 2 weeks. It started tripping after rain. We put our old one on it (from years ago) and it did the same thing. We also got more rain but it did this from the get go.
We have a 3rd pump we just put on today. It was brand new, just tiny. It's working fine other than not strong enough to maintain pressure for the SWG.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Generally when a GFCI trips, I suspect one of two things: Overloaded circuit (heat) or water intrusion. Since this seemed to start when it rained a lot, it would be easy to assume it's water related. But now you say you have a smaller pump that appears to be running fine correct (still running)? So that takes me back to overload.

I guess it's process of elimination. A couple more thoughts:
- Have you tried another outlet perhaps?
- Any chance those first two pumps had anything exposed to the elements that would allow water to trip the circuit?
- Some people will take their pump motors to a local shop for expert analysis and repair at a reasonable price

As you say at the beginning, if this is the last season for this pool and you change things later, just ride it out and start with fresh equipment next time.

Your getting water/ rain where the male plug enters the receptacle. What type of cover on the receptacle do you have?. The in use cover is for anything continuly running. A standard gfci cover do fail at times

The gfi is doing what it supposed to do. Cut the cord off n put a gfci recept. In

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.