Finished Above Ground pool with small deck

May 7, 2014
Huntsville, TX
I browse here often and tell everyone I can about this site!

We finally got our pool up and finished (at least for this summer). This is the largest above ground we have owned yet and it has brought a few new challenges..... Namely the fact that I am not tall enough to reach over the side to take care of the intake screen or the over the wall skimmer. LOL, a stool and the pool skimmer pole have remedied that situation.

I am the "pool guy" in the family, but myself and my husband are working hard to learn the TPE method. So far, I feel like we are doing pretty good. When these pictures were taken, we were still in the process of getting to "sparkly-it is" pool water! The day after we put our pool up, we got 3 weeks of storms and rain.

We finally have it under control and have a beautiful sparkly pool and we could not be happier! There are more updates to come, we hope to eventually build a box of some sort at the base of the pool and also plan to expand the deck around to the back side of the pool to create a large sitting area. I have learned so much from you guys here and hopefully will be supporter soon.

Thank you so much to everyone on this site!!! It has been such a huge help to us :)

If I'm lucky and did this right, here are some pictures:

If not, I will read the posting pictures again, LOL....

For as much reading I have done on here, I know I need either the Taylor kit of the TF100 kit, but cost has deterred me from it so far. I have a tester kit from Home depot (drops not strips) and a wonderful friend at work with a TF100 who tests my CYA for me when I need it! I hope to have the full test kit next month. We are able to test for everything except the CYA with the kit I have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.