Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need skimmer lid assistance

1. Back To Top    #1

Need skimmer lid assistance

I am not sure but I think someone replaced this lid or the part that it goes into. It does not attach to the part that is in the ground. So when you go to empty the basket the whole thing comes off. Any ideas how to fix it? don't think I want to glue it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13000, AG, Plaster, Pentair equipment pump salt, automation, 3hp pump, 11 years old, TF-100 test kit, city water, pool cleaner vac, South Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need skimmer lid assistance

That's how they are usually done. If you don't want it glued, I suppose you can screw it together. Why do you not want it glued?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I wasn't sure if they are suppose to be not glued in case they break you can't get them off. It did end up fitting just now. I dug all around the opening. It is just below the dirt line. I am looking at extensions to raise it up a bit.
    13000, AG, Plaster, Pentair equipment pump salt, automation, 3hp pump, 11 years old, TF-100 test kit, city water, pool cleaner vac, South Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

They are a sliding 2 piece affair like so that when they're cast in a concrete deck the top portion can be positioned perfectly flush with the deck. In your case, where you don't have a concrete deck that you have to match up with, you're free to do whatever you like. Glueing it in whatever position you prefer is fine.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

5. Back To Top    #5

oh so it doesn't have to be all the way pushed down? Even at its highest it is not high enough though. even for the dirt level. I ordered a extension piece to raise it up a bit.