My pump question

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I picked up a pentair whisperflo 1 hp 220v two speed pump. I wired it for high n low. Toggle switch on the pump. Took L1 to the motor n L2 to the center position of the switch. My question is when in low speed the pressure gauge barely moves n boy it's slow. The returns barely moving water.

Is this normal?

The pump should move about 1/2 the amount of water on low speed as it does on high. Normal for the pressure gauge to be pretty low. But, the your pump is a good bit larger than mine and I would expect you to have more flow than I do.

Have you need checking the pressure on high to see if it has gone up by 20-25% over the clean pressure indicating you need to clean the filter?

My pressure in high is 15 psi. No air leaks,. No bubbles in the basket either. But low the pressure is between 0-1. I don't know. I see water moving but boy. I plan on keeping it in low speed all day. 12hrs. on 12 hrs. Off

I clean at about 18-20 psi

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.