Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer question

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer question

We have had our pool for 3 years now everything is great. But twice now in the last week I have came out to check on the pool in the morning and the basket in the skimmer is flipped up and cocked in the skimmer holding the door from opening all the way and making it hard for water to get in the first time I could hear something was wrong as soon as I went out not getting much water the second time this morning it was getting more water and not as noisy. Any idea's what is causing this? No one is messing with it not sure if a air bubble is in it when pump first turns on. I have the pump set to turn on at 5 am I usually check pool about 5:30 --5:45 am pump runs tell 10:00 am. I thought about putting something small and heavy in basket. But thought I would see if anyone else has had this problem or what is causing it. Thanks in advance.
    24ft x 52in Round AGP Heritage pool Aquamaster 19 in sand filter & 1 hp pump. Clear Solar blanket 12 Mil. TF-100 Test Kit. Pool filled June 3rd 2013 well water.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer question

Mine does that too ... I now keep a rock in it. Just make sure it is larger than the pipe hole in the bottom of the skimmer so it does not fall in if you drop it.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Skimmer question

Thanks I also now have a rock in the basket has not happened again since.
    24ft x 52in Round AGP Heritage pool Aquamaster 19 in sand filter & 1 hp pump. Clear Solar blanket 12 Mil. TF-100 Test Kit. Pool filled June 3rd 2013 well water.