can't get dirt out the pool

Different consumption levels for everyone....all depends on how much work the chlorine has to do.

Are you closing in on the record? No where close. I think we have had reports of 125 jugs of chlorine being consumed in a SLAM.

So, it's been a week. FC has been maintained at or above 20. OCLT results in .5 loss. The water looks clear. After backwashing multiple times and vacuum to waste a few times, there is still stuff on the bottom of the pool. I've been SLAMing for a week, brushing multiple times a day, vacuuming, backwashing, even changing the angle of the return to try to get better circulation and there's still stuff on the bottom. If I had hair I'd be pulling it out right now.

Well, what is that stuff? If you have been vacuuming it up and yet it returns the next day there is a very good chance it is dead algae. A Pic might help.

Don't blow all your hard work now. Keep your FC at SLAM value untill you don't get anymore of the "stuff". Then, your pool will pass all three criteria to stop the SLAM

1. Your pool water is sparkling and there is no visible algae (dead or alive)
2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

Well, what is that stuff? If you have been vacuuming it up and yet it returns the next day there is a very good chance it is dead algae. A Pic might help.

Don't blow all your hard work now. Keep your FC at SLAM value untill you don't get anymore of the "stuff". Then, your pool will pass all three criteria to stop the SLAM

1. Your pool water is sparkling and there is no visible algae (dead or alive)
2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

The pic on the first page is how it's still looking. I'll try to get another one ASAP.
CC has stayed 0 this whole time except for one day it was at .5. Other than the stuff on bottom the water is awesome

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
sorry I missed that pic.....you have dead algae....get it vacuumed out or brushed up into the pool and it will go away.

I keep brushing and vacuuming. It seems like my filter isn't catching it. I plan on getting some DE tomorrow to add to the filter and see how that works. Hopefully it helps. Will update after that and let y'all know. Thanks again to everyone for the help so far

I don't vacuum through my sand filter anymore. I bought a Poolblaster Max and some micro filter bags. (It's like a DustBuster for the pool.) it does a much better job of getting the silt out. Before I owned one of those, I vacuumed to waste, as I was tired of the silt/pollen coming back through the returns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.