Br = 6
Ph = 8
FC = 3.5
CC = 0?
TC = 3.5?
CH = 225
TA = 100
CYA = 55? it was between the 60 and 50...closer to the 50

So I know we have some work to do...but where should we start? Which order should we address?

I will start with the pool calculator, of course.

Re: 1st test with TF100

Ok, so pool math says to do the following:
20oz of 6% bleach (I never noticed % on any bleach I had bought for laundry...)
30oz of Muratic Acid
97oz of liquid stabilizer

Do I do these in that order?
Can I add any/all of these at the same time? wait 4 hours between each? 24hours?
Would superchlorinate of my SWG work instead of bleach? and for how long? Default is 1hour.

Add the bleach first and let the pool circulate for an hour. Check on the bottle and see if it lists %. If you're not sure then retest FC and make sure you reached the level you thought. If you didn't add more bleach.

After you've achieve your FC level add the muriatic acid and let it circulate for 30 minutes. Retest pH. Adjust pH again if needed.

My suggestion would be to not add the stabilizer yet. I would do an OCLT tonight first to make sure you don't need to SLAM before adding stabilizer. If you pass the OCLT then add the stabilizer tomorrow. If you don't pass the OCLT you can start the SLAM tomorrow and it requires less bleach at lower CYA / stabilizer levels.

No you do not have bromine, so the Br scale on the OTO test is meaningless.

Really the only things of note are that your CH is a little low, but not likely a big deal if you keep the pH 7.4-7.8 and your CYA is a little low for a SWG ... when you raise the CYA, you need to be sure you raise the FC too as the minimum is higher (see the FC/CYA Chart)

So I did the OCLT....at 2p yesterday I turned my SWG off...
at 8:30p last night I tested FC it was at 2.
at 6:30a this morning I texted FC it was still at 2.

So no Chlorine loss.

So now all of this mornings numbers:
FC 2
CH 175
TA 90
CYA 40
pH 7.5
So it looks like my numbers are staying somewhat stable

So today, I will
superchlorinate for one hour (as TFPC suggests my FC should be 3-5 and test my FC after lunch aiming for 4)
add 28oz of mur acid about an hour after I SuperChlorinate (this is more to help bring TA down) and figure out how to aerate with my setup
Find some Calcium Chloride to raise my CH (PD kept telling me that this would rise as I added water to the pool....it seems to be the opposite)
Add stablizer after all the above (need to find a suitable sock)
Add a bag of salt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.