Br = 6
    Ph = 8
    FC = 3.5
    CC = 0?
    TC = 3.5?
    CH = 225
    TA = 100
    CYA = 55? it was between the 60 and 50...closer to the 50

So I know we have some work to do...but where should we start? Which order should we address?

I will start with the pool calculator, of course.
    38'x17.5' 19k IG pebble, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, DE(now Fiber) Hayward DE6020 filter, Hayward Northstar 2HP single speed pump, Pump(Advantage CK256C-075-P) for Hayward Cleaner (Hayward Viio Turbo model 5500), Built 2008, City water fill, TF100 Kit + Salt test kit w/speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 1st test with TF100

Ok, so pool math says to do the following:
    20oz of 6% bleach (I never noticed % on any bleach I had bought for laundry...)
    30oz of Muratic Acid
    97oz of liquid stabilizer

Do I do these in that order?
    Can I add any/all of these at the same time? wait 4 hours between each? 24hours?
    Would superchlorinate of my SWG work instead of bleach? and for how long? Default is 1hour.
    38'x17.5' 19k IG pebble, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, DE(now Fiber) Hayward DE6020 filter, Hayward Northstar 2HP single speed pump, Pump(Advantage CK256C-075-P) for Hayward Cleaner (Hayward Viio Turbo model 5500), Built 2008, City water fill, TF100 Kit + Salt test kit w/speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 1st test with TF100

I'm new but you should get the PH between 7.2 & 7.5 before anything else.
    PS - You should start your own thread.
    16' x 34' vinyl in ground - 16,500 gal.
    Hayward EC-75 DE filter with Hayward 1hp Super Pump
    TF-100XL Test Kit with SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Help with first test numbers

If your bleach does not list a %, it is likely weak, maybe 3%.

How does your water look? Any reason to think you need to SLAM?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Water is clear. Blue during the day, slight green tint at night when light is on.

6. Back To Top    #6

I hope you have been making sure the FC has stayed high enough the last few days.

You could always Perform the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to make sure nothing is in the water before raising the CYA level up for the SWG ... I would not spend the extra money for the liquid.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Add the bleach first and let the pool circulate for an hour. Check on the bottle and see if it lists %. If you're not sure then retest FC and make sure you reached the level you thought. If you didn't add more bleach.

After you've achieve your FC level add the muriatic acid and let it circulate for 30 minutes. Retest pH. Adjust pH again if needed.

My suggestion would be to not add the stabilizer yet. I would do an OCLT tonight first to make sure you don't need to SLAM before adding stabilizer. If you pass the OCLT then add the stabilizer tomorrow. If you don't pass the OCLT you can start the SLAM tomorrow and it requires less bleach at lower CYA / stabilizer levels.
    TF-100 Test Kit
    22,000 gallon, 20x40 kidney-shape IG plaster pool built in 1986
    Nautilus NS-36 DE filter, Hayward Self Prime Super Pump 1HP
    Polaris Automatic Pool Cleaner, PB4-60 3/4 HP pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok today's numbers...all I have so far is add the acid that was about 3 hours ago:
    FC 3
    CC 0
    TA 90
    CH 175
    Cl 3
    Br 6 does this matter for me?
    pH 7.5

9. Back To Top    #9

No you do not have bromine, so the Br scale on the OTO test is meaningless.

Really the only things of note are that your CH is a little low, but not likely a big deal if you keep the pH 7.4-7.8 and your CYA is a little low for a SWG ... when you raise the CYA, you need to be sure you raise the FC too as the minimum is higher (see the FC/CYA Chart)
    Jason, TFP Moderator

10. Back To Top    #10

So I did the OCLT....at 2p yesterday I turned my SWG off...
    at 8:30p last night I tested FC it was at 2.
    at 6:30a this morning I texted FC it was still at 2.

So no Chlorine loss.

So now all of this mornings numbers:
    FC 2
    CH 175
    TA 90
    CYA 40
    pH 7.5
    So it looks like my numbers are staying somewhat stable

So today, I will
    superchlorinate for one hour (as TFPC suggests my FC should be 3-5 and test my FC after lunch aiming for 4)
    add 28oz of mur acid about an hour after I SuperChlorinate (this is more to help bring TA down) and figure out how to aerate with my setup
    Find some Calcium Chloride to raise my CH (PD kept telling me that this would rise as I added water to the pool....it seems to be the opposite)
    Add stablizer after all the above (need to find a suitable sock)
    Add a bag of salt

11. Back To Top    #11

Use bleach to raise the FC asap.
    Jason, TFP Moderator