Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacation with SWCG

1. Back To Top    #1

Ottawa, Canada

Vacation with SWCG

trying to plan for when we leave for vacation.

readings are like this:
    FC: 5
    CC: 0
    PH: 7.6-7.8
    CYA: 50
    TA: 90
    CH: 500

SWCG set to 1 (lowest setting)
    Weather hasn't been great recently, but SWCG is keeping FC at 5 being set at 1.
    (which is why I don't want to raise CYA more, actually tempted to have it lower even if I'm already lower then recommendation).

Now for vacation:
    - someone will come to water our plants and ensure pool water level is good and top up if needed.
    - putting solar cover on, I'm worried that FC will climb to the roof by the time we are back (I can't set my SWCG lower to 1, which is set to 1 currently)
    - If I don't put the cover on, I will get more evaporation and junk going into the pool (many trees around).

What are your recommendation?
    12x20 vinyl liner with fiberglass steps. (6600 Gallons)
    SWCG - Hayward Salt&Swim 3C
    Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter (200 SQ.FT)
    Hayward 1HP SUPER II PUMP -2 SPEED
    Raypak heat pump, Taylor K-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Vacation with SWCG

Put the cover on, leave it at 1. It's not going to climb too crazy high... depending on how many days. How many days are you going to be gone? Leave them the basic K-1000 kit and if they get pumpkin orange on the TC test, show them how to turn off the SWG. You might want to drop the pH a little before going as well but not required.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vacation with SWCG

I would drop the pH to 7.2, put the cover on and enjoy my vacation.
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit