Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster, tile, coping recommendations for DFW area?

1. Back To Top    #1

Plaster, tile, coping recommendations for DFW area?

New to the forum, excited to be learning so much.

We are closing on a house in the next couple of weeks that has a pool in need of new plaster, tile, and coping (we'll likely go with regular white plaster at this point). Can anyone recommend any good plaster or pool remodel companies in the DFW area?

Thanks for any help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plaster, tile, coping recommendations for DFW area?

Welcome to TFP!

I can't remember who did the work, but one of our experts who lives in DFW had a redo on his pool last year. In any case, we have lots of DFW folks here, so maybe one will jump in. Good luck, and enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Has anyone used Romo's Pool and Plastering before, or know anything about their quality of work? They gave me a very competitive bid that's a bit lower than the other couple of bids I've gotten so far and I'm just wondering if they do good work. Thanks!

4. Back To Top    #4

I can. Watch your PM. We just had it done. If you go direct with them instead of through a PB, (who will contract it out), you can save some money by going direct.
    Roman Style 20+ Year Remodel 4'-10.5'. 25K Gallon - Hayward SWG conversion. SWG. Blue Granite PebbleSheen w/Shells. Ash Nero Trim Tile. Remodel of steps, added bench seating and small sundeck. Maytronics Dolphin M4 Robot Cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

We just went to Romo's today! Seem like really nice folks. I am going to use them for wet Edge Luna Quartz. Please share your experience
    Owner Builder; Under construction, 17K Gallons SWG IG Geometric; 31X20'; 600sf; 104ft perim; depth 4'-6'. Sun-shelf; bubblers; sheer descents; Dolphin M400; Pentair Intelliflo XF; Clean and Clear 520; Easytouch 8; IC40; 2 color LEDs; TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by DFWguy View Post
    We just went to Romo's today! Seem like really nice folks. I am going to use them for wet Edge Luna Quartz. Please share your experience
    Certainly, will do if we end up going with them. We're trying to get all the options and make a decision this week. Will let you know how it goes.

7. Back To Top    #7

We ended up going with Romo. They did a great job on the plaster, tile, and coping. There was a bit of a problem with the coping (for some odd reason, it stayed soft and sticky and never cured) and they immediately came back out, cut it out, and redid it all, all without me even asking.

The one thing I would mention is to do the startup yourself, unless you're hiring them to simply do some brushing for you. You'll probably know more about the pool chemistry from this forum.

I'm very happy with the work they did.
    9,000 gallon IG pool with spa, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, 2HP Whisperflo pump, 0.75HP Letro booster pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, EasyTouch controller (originally a Compool LX100 that was upgraded via Pentair's upgrade kit), TF-100 kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Do you have pictures? I'd love to see!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!