Pump Suction Issues

octanefam

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 11, 2015
Puyallup, WA
So I have the basic Intex Pump with Sand Filter(SF15110) with the basic over the wall skimmer. There are no problems with the pump and sand filter works awesome has lot's of suction and the return flow is good as well until I put on my Intex vacumn kit. What am I doing wrong? I submerged the vacumn and all the hose then attached it to the skimmer housing and at that point it has suction for about 2 seconds then we lose it.

Also when we lose the suction and put the skimmer back to normal it takes awhile to regain the suction. Is there a procedure on how to get the suction back once you lose it.

Help please all i want to do is vacumn my pool:eek:

I have this problem sometimes. I make sure the vacuum is attached securely to the wall skimmer. If that's fine I often toggle the lever on the sand filter in case the filter stopped running as strongly. If that doesn't work I backwash and that usually does it for sure. If I think of more things I've tried I'll let you know. We also installed a larger skimmer but honestly the vacuum attachment for that set up has to have strong suction or it won't stay connected. So that most of the time is the issue.

Everytime i hook up the vaccum i take the vaccum hose hookup and put it up to the pump out take and fill it up with water till it floats to the top and starts sinking.. also if you cant get good suction purge the pump by twisting it open and closing it till it regains.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.