I feel like my pool is too small.

Jun 17, 2015
Houston Texas
I am a first time pool owner who just recently got a pool installed. I have no friends with pools so I had nothing to base my decision off of. I got a free form gunite pebble sheen pool and I filled it up yesterday. I'm beginning to think it's too small because I have 2 kids (15 and 18) and they will have friends over. My pool is about 23000 gallons and 8 feet on one side and 4 feet on the shallow side. I paid over 66000 dollars and I'm beginning to feel like I shouldn't have gotten a spa and a bunch of water features. My pool is not chemically balanced yet so I haven't swam in it but can someone who has been in a pool my size tell me how it is? Does it feel cramped? Can kids jump in? How many kids can fit?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

It is what it is. No sense having buyers remorse now. Just enjoy it!!!

My pool has less volume than that and we have had a LOT of people in it ... just depends on the layout (add pictures :D)

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Have you invested in one of the Recommended Test Kits yet?

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

That is a very nice pool. Maybe you have a little buyers remorse at the moment, but it will pass if that's the case. I'd bet money if you posted some pics you'd find plenty of folks who would love having a comparable pool in their backyard. The size is fine, and unless you have a ton of people who want in at every party, it will likely be more than you need. It rare to have that issue but don't worry about that until it's a problem. Doubt you will ever see it.

As for the balance, what are you testing with, and what role is the builder playing in the startup? New pools are often handled by the pool builder when starting up, so what have they told you? We can help you down this path pretty easy should you decide you are doing the chemistry yourself. It's really pretty easy. Welcome again, and enjoy the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.