Hi need Intex pump advice

Jun 17, 2015
N/A
Hello everyone one. This is my first time posting. I have a Intex pool 16x42. A week ago the pump that came with it broke. So I looked and upgraded to a Intex 2500. I ended up buying that and I am using the adapters that I bough to make it compatible with the old nozzle and strainer. I am wondering if that is ok? I am very nervous about cutting a hole in the liner. Maybe over time I will become braver. I hate to ruin the pool for my kids this summer. Also is the pump supposed to pick up the dirt that accumulates on the pool floor or just fallen debris? Please any advice would be appreciated. Since my husband has a heart attack all the pool stuff is up to me this year. Thank you ?

The stuff that collects on the bottom can be reduced by adding a foot wash by the ladder. The cheapest vacuum is one that attachs to the garden hose. They are not great but it might get you through the summer. If you can spend around $100, there are many other options. Your pump is only going to pull what is suspended in the water.

Thank you for the link. I have checked out the info. I think I am gonna try and cut my pool liners. One question will I need to drain my pool? Or is there a way I can do it without that? I have already ordered the new strainer and nozzle. I am going to use a xacto knife to cut the liner. Thanks again.

No, you don't need to drain it all the way. Just drop it slightly below the lowest cut you have to make.

Here's how far I drained to install my Hayward skimmer:
temporary_zps43a4ed4a.jpg

So I just wanted to thank everyone for all the advice. I went ahead and cut the pool liner. To my husband watched in fear lol. My daughter held a bowl on the inside and my son held up the filter tube. It was a success! My pool is still in one piece and not leaking. I do have a question though. From behind the outlet there is a small amount of bubbles coming up. Most are coming through the mail valve head. Is that ok? Also my pool is off by like 2 inches in one spot. I am not sure if that is ok. We do have some wrinkles in the bottom should I drain to fix it? The pool is stable. I am sorry so many questions. Thank you for any advice :)

If you have the Intex return eyeball, yes, it's normal for some bubbles to come out of the outer ring. Just so long as it's not leaking water on the outside, it's fine.

2 inches out of level is more than recommended. One inch is the maximum advisable. But I've had one that far out or farther, and it lasted several years. If you plan to take it down at the end of the season anyway, I think you'll be fine this year. But definitely level it properly before you put it back up next year. The uneven strain on the top rails eventually caused mine to collapse once it started to rust, which all Intex pools will eventually do.

Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't continue to settle on the low side. If it does, bite the bullet and level it ASAP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.