Pool Cooling

Mar 17, 2015
Knoxville, TN
Alright I know this has been covered and I know a fountain with a misting head may be the best way to cool my pool down. It's not even summer yet and I am already at 90F. My pool gets direct sunlight all day long and at only 15k gallons and shallow it heats up quick.

My problem is that I have the aqua genie skimmers so I have no return I can repurpose for a fountain or cooling system. Does anyone know of a way I can achieve this effect without a standard pool return?

I bought a 18' triangle shade sail off Amazon for $30 and attached it to the house with generic hardware, adjustable pull straps etc so that I can remove it for storms etc. I plan to zip tie mister tubing on 2 sides and create a custom hose with a quick disconnect to tie it to a timer valve on my hose bib. I am told that this will make a huge difference in TX but I am sure my kids, dogs & plants will love it too. I will post a pick when it is rigged. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

I just had another idea, I think I will rig a tube from the ice maker on my fridge, attach a compressor, zwave controlled relays.......

OMG, there I go again. Sorry. :)

I think I'm just going to try getting a pond pump and fountain attachment and see if that will help, thoughts on that option?
Pay attention to the lift specs on the pump. If it only lifts water two feet and your pool is three, you wont be setting it on the floor. Might have to rig a shelf out of PVC or something to set it on.I've been corrected. Lift is the net distance between the surface of the water and the outlet. So putting it on the floor shouldn't matter. Thanks for the PM, pabeater! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.