New build in Concord, NC

HELP!

I just did a SLAM and finished up today. Yep - last night I passed the OCLT and so all 3 criteria to be done. My pool is (was) so sparkly!

This is how it looked:

BUT...

This morning the crew came to begin my spray deck. And here's the current situation:

So......

My pool was is perfect condition and now I don't know what to expect. The pool was completed 11 months ago - so they are performing some repairs to the concrete deck first. So there's concrete dust everywhere and now my pool looks cloudy.

Do I just keep a close eye on my filter and backwash as the pressure indicates?

I have turned my pump on high to keep this mess moving as much as possible.

I'm so worried! I don't know when we'll be able to walk on the deck again so that I can get water samples to test, clean out skimmer basket, etc.

Suggestions are so very appreciated!!

You are doing all of the right things------pump on high to help filter it out and watching the pressure to backwash as needed.

One other thing you can do is add pool grade DE to your sand. Some times it is called "filter aid". Here is the link for it!

Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter

You will need to "babysit" the filter when you first do it. Each filter/pool likes a different amount. Start with 1/4 cup and let it go for about 15 mins or so. Keep adding 1/4 cup at a time until you see a 1psi rise on your pressure. IF your pressure shoots up fast, turn off the pump and do a back wash.

Your pool is looking great! It will get cleared back up with your attention to detail.

I might even think about pushing the FC up a bit until it clears just to be on the safe side.

:kim:

Thank you so much for the reply Kim!!

I just finished up a SLAM, and my FC was 15 at 2:00PM...it had drifted down from 18 at 6am...I had maintained 28ppm during the SLAM as my CYA is 70...

What would you recommend for FC in the current situation? My plan was to target 5ppm "normally."

Here's your "tip": ;)

This is how it looked around 1:30pm today:

Thank you again!!

Sara

Yes - it's so cloudy. Compared to how it looked this morning - it was crystal clear and very sparkly.

We were able to walk on it shortly after they finished today. They just put the "texture" coat on it today. Will be back out on Monday to put the color on.

I just want my TFP water back! :) I put the DE into the filter. I had been doing that before - but of course as I had to backwash today I'm sure it washed out. Hope that will help...

Pool baby I know! BUT once they are done it will be so worth it!! You will get your jewel looking water back soon. Brush, filter, upper FC to make sure it stays clear of stuff. I really think this is a job for the filter.

:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.