Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low Salt Alarm But Salt Leve Is Fine

1. Back To Top    #1

Washington, NC

Low Salt Alarm But Salt Leve Is Fine

Moderator comment: This post was separated out from this thread: Low Salt Alarm But Salt Leve Is Fine

Having similar problem...Krystal Clear Model cs 15110 salt water system with sand filtration. Low salt alarm within minutes of running a cycle. Husband kept adding salt (we DID have quite a bit of rain for over a week) but still the same low salt alarm. When the kids started complaining about salt taste, I was convinced it was the pump. Took water sample to pool store...over 5000 for salt!! Will have to drain at least 1/2 of pool volume! So here's my question....

Do I go ahead and order a new Electrolytic Cell? It is clean as a whistle. No burnt wires. Copper Ion sensors clean as well. Help! and thank you!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Low Salt Alarm But Salt Leve Is Fine

Welcome to TFP!

Please add your pool info in your signature as shown here: Pool School - Getting Started

Usually when the Intex SWG gives false low salt errors it is because it needs to be cleaned. If it is clean then it is probably failing. How old is it?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Western Massachusetts

Re: Low Salt Alarm But Salt Leve Is Fine

Please let me know what happened. Did you get it to work properly and generate chlorine. Thank you.