Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Sara

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Sara

We are beginning a new pool in the next 3-4 weeks and are so excited! Hope we are making great choices...totally trust the builder. I look forward to spending more time reading all the awesome information here and LOVE all the photos! Can't wait to post some of our own!
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Sara

Welcome to the forum. If ya' wanna post up some specs of the proposed pool build..........there just MIGHT be one or 2 pool geeks around here to look it over for ya'.!

Please consider ordering one of our recommended test kits to take control of your pool.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Well Hi Sara! Welcome to TFP

You'll find plenty of folks to cheer you on and cheer you on during the build. Good luck on it, and enjoy the forum!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! Trust me, the questions will come! And hopefully lots of photos. I started a thread for the build...look forward to getting some feedback!
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to the forum!

In addition to getting one of the Recommended Test Kits, here are a few resources to give you an overview of our methods:

1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
    2. Chlorine CYA Chart
    3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
    4. Recommended Levels
    5. Pool Math
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you for the warm welcome. I've been reading all I can on the methods recommended here to keep my water sparkly. I have to be honest - it is very overwhelming! Neither my husband nor I "grew up" with a pool, so I'm a little nervous about the whole process. But extremely excited to get the build behind us and get cracking!

8. Back To Top    #8

Don't be. It's easy, as we will prove it to you if you give us the chance.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome Sara. We too are in the process of building (dig starts on 7/29/15). TFP is the best resource you will find!!
    12x24 radiant metric vinyl pool (fully in-ground) - Pentair Superflow 3/4 HP pump - Pentair SD40 sand filter - Hayward aquatrol SWG - 8,600 gallons - 4ft throughout