Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I use a burner on top of cool crete?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I use a burner on top of cool crete?

I use a high pressure burner to boil seafood and had plans to set this up by my pool to boil? Has anyone done this or should I be concerned about hurting or discoloring the coolcrete?
    Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I use a burner on top of cool crete?

I wouldn't chance it.

Just being curious, but seafood and you handle makes me wonder what swamp you hail from.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Would you put a piece of plywood under it or would you be afraid it might catch on fire? If you're afraid it might catch on fire, then I wouldn't put your burner on the deck.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

And if you are not worried about the plywood under it ... then I might use it on the deck too
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Just north of Baton Rouge. Actually right where the hills tunica hills begin. High seafood availablity year round. When not boiling blue crabs, shrimp, or crawfish; we splurge on snow crabs. Also like to pick up a boat sack of raw gulf oysters. Now we have an outdoor kitchen/bar and a pool to do all of this next to.