Sanity check my AGP build please! 33' Sharkline, 25K gallons

edsw

Bronze Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
Hartford, CT
Hi Everyone -

I'm preparing to build my first above ground pool and this forum has been very helpful, so thank you! I'm hoping that someone will lend some advice on the components I'm thinking of, for or against.

Pool: Sharkline Heritage 33' x 52"Link
Filter: Hayward SwimClear 225 sq ft Cartridge Filter (C2030)Link
Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Dual Speed (SP15922S)Link
SWCG: Hayward Aqua Rite 40K gallonsLink

So, this pool will be about 25K gallons. From what I've read in this forum, a 1HP pump should be sufficient, but the bigger the filter the better. So, for that reason, I've opted to not buy a bundled pump/filter. I couldn't find a combo unit that had a smaller pump, but a larger filter. I also read that it was advisable to up-size the SWCQ. Overall, my #1 goal (aside from BIG POOL :D) is low maintenance.

Thanks!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Pump is good, SWG is good, filter is actually on the small side still.
If your pool was open year round I would suggest a 375+ sqft filter. Although with your shorter season, you could get by with smaller. Really the bigger the cartridge filter, the less often you have to clean it.

Make sure you add one of the Recommended Test Kits to your shopping list ... the TF-100 is the better value, plus you may want a salt test (I prefer the Taylor), and the SpeedStir is great too ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.