Different TYPES of inground robots...opinions?

Neefer

Jun 10, 2015
Maryland
I've been shopping for a robot for my inground vinyl liner pool for DAYS now and I'm burned out. I've read tons of threads here and reviews on retailer sites. Still nowhere near a decision...YIPES! But I now feel like I don't even understand how they work and would like to know if someone can explain why there are some robots with the "bar" on top, and then some "sleek" designs that look more like a little sports car...lol. Why the different designs, and what are the pros and cons. I think I've narrowed my choices down to either some Dolphin model depending on where I purchase, or I am also considering the Hayward Aquabot 500 which is the sleek kind. I am intrigued by the easy access by just popping the top door.

So my pool is a vinyl lined Grecian shape, if that matters. But do the two designs function equal well? And also, if anyone wants to throw out an opinion on the Hayward Aquabot 500, I'd appreciate it. It appears to be a newer model as far as I can tell, so that makes me a little nervous about it too.

Well, the bar that goes across the top of the Dolphin modes are actually floats. They help make the unit about neutrally buoyant. It then has a pump that directs water out of the top that pushes down to "hold" it to the bottom or side wall if it is climbing.

I've been very happy with my M5, but if I were going to do it now that I know more I would probably go for the Z5 on line and save a few bucks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.