Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Liner Pool near Pittsburgh (install and pictures)

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl Liner Pool near Pittsburgh (install and pictures)

Hi all, I am somewhat new to this forum, but did use it as a resource.

We started off by putting a pretty large retaining wall in and removing a substantial amount of earth.

I have more pictures of the actual pool installation at home, but not on me.

We decided to go with Gold Pebble liner color as I was looking for a more natural color - blue/green or Caribbean.

Starting to fill:

Starting to take on that "soapy" blue color that I was hoping for.

Getting a little help from the rain.

Take a little break for a quick (and cool) swim.

Some more help.

Ok, that's enough!!!

2 minutes later...

How it sits today.

We have electrical finishing up today, fence this weekend, and hopefully concrete next week. I will keep updating this thread with picture updates. Thanks for looking!

Mr. Wolfe

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vinyl Liner Pool near Pittsburgh (install and pictures)

Love the different shades of color the liner gives the water - so pretty!
    28,600k IG, vinyl, 20X42X31 Lagoon, Savannah Tile/Sandstone liner, Hayward Swim-Clear 425 Cartridge Filter, Hayward 3/4hp TriStar Pump, 2 Color Logic Lights, SWG
    3 Deck Jet II fountains, Hayward H400 Propane Heater, TFT100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I forgot to mention the pool is 16 x 33'.

Mr. Wolfe

4. Back To Top    #4

Gorgeous colour! I like the grey steps as well, I've never seen them that colour. Looks great so far.
    28 ft round ABG with ~6ft deep end, approx. 20,000 gal, 2 spd 2 HP pump, sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pigeon View Post
    Gorgeous colour! I like the grey steps as well, I've never seen them that colour. Looks great so far.
    Thank you. We wanted the grey steps and coping just so they wouldn't stand out so much. We also went with a powder-coated grey ladder instead of the chrome version. Now if I could just find a grey diving board...

Mr. Wolfe

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks great, is that a steel wall pool?
    In-ground block / vinyl liner 33' x 22' x 5',, approx 25k gals
    Cartridge Filter
    Floor drains, 2 skimmers, 3 return lines (2" plumbing ultra-flex PVC)

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by dw9000 View Post
    Looks great, is that a steel wall pool?
    Yes, it is steel wall.

Mr. Wolfe

8. Back To Top    #8

It's looking great! The best pictures are those of the happy kids in the pool, right?!!!! Thanks for sharing! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. SWG IG. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy; color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Looks Great!!! What color is the liner? Huge wall, I am in the process of doing a wall, not cheap.
    24X44 IG Vinyl Custom Shaped Pool, Starite S7M400 Cartridge Filter, Starite Sumpermax VS Pump, built July 2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, NG Starite SR400 Heater, Easytouch with Screen Logic, Magicstream Laminars, Bullfrog A7 Spa

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by SuzfromTexas View Post
    It's looking great! The best pictures are those of the happy kids in the pool, right?!!!! Thanks for sharing! Take care. Suz.
    Thanks and absolutely. The kids are the main reason for the pool. So many of my childhood memories involved our pool growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnut12 View Post
    Looks Great!!! What color is the liner? Huge wall, I am in the process of doing a wall, not cheap.
    They are not cheap. I had a pretty good hookup and it was still incredibly expensive. The color of the liner is Gold Pebble. It literally looks like pebbles, but as you can see from a distance, it takes on a brown tone. I wanted a liner that gave no false blues. i.e., the color of the water is a natural blue - not what you see through the liner. Thanks all for the compliments.

Mr. Wolfe

11. Back To Top    #11

Love the shape! Looks like what we are putting in. Hoping to start in a couple weeks and the liner is my most difficult decision! I keep going back and forth between gray or tan. I love your photos - very pretty water!!
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

12. Back To Top    #12

Mr. Wolfe,

Have you thought about a jumping rock????????? I think it would fit in with your colors and area better than a board!

pool jumping rock - Google Search

Jump Rock Pool Design Ideas, Pictures, Remodel & Decor

I love the pics! Happy kids!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by TheBraLady View Post
    Love the shape! Looks like what we are putting in. Hoping to start in a couple weeks and the liner is my most difficult decision! I keep going back and forth between gray or tan. I love your photos - very pretty water!!
    Good luck with the pool. We thought about gray as well. Our final decision was to use the gold pebble because it looks like the concrete aggregate that will be around the pool. Either way, brown or gray will look good!

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Mr. Wolfe,

Have you thought about a jumping rock????????? I think it would fit in with your colors and area better than a board!

pool jumping rock - Google Search

Jump Rock Pool Design Ideas, Pictures, Remodel & Decor

I love the pics! Happy kids!

Kim
    Hi Kim, I have thought about the jumping rock. To be honest, I kind of forgot about it. I do prefer the look of them. Here is a picture of one of the pools that was my inspiration. Same shape, same liner and steps, and it has a jumping rock!

Mr. Wolfe

14. Back To Top    #14

Looking good. I hope you enjoy it.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

15. Back To Top    #15

In the Industry

Do you have any chlorine in your pool?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by doobs41378 View Post
    Looking good. I hope you enjoy it.
    Thanks and I think we will!

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Do you have any chlorine in your pool?
    Yes, but most of those pictures were taken while it was raining so it did look slightly cloudy. Here are some pictures I just took a couple of minutes ago.

Mr. Wolfe

17. Back To Top    #17

Your pool color is gorgeous! I think it looks so natural. If we decide to go with a tan liner, it will be because of pictures like yours. Thanks for sharing!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

18. Back To Top    #18

That is a jewel of a pool!

I can't wait to see the whole yard done!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

19. Back To Top    #19

It reminds me of Barton Springs in Austin, TX - one of my favorite places growing up. Breathtaking in beauty and cold water! Last time I went several years ago, it was not the same. They were letting all the weed grow throughout the pool and the scum build on the floor.

So please, don't let that happen to your pool!!! LOL!!!! Congratulations on such a gorgeous pool! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. SWG IG. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy; color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

20. Back To Top    #20

Wow, thanks for the love guys! I will admit that going with a tan liner takes a little guts as everyone in my family (along with my friends) questioned me about it. Now that the water is in, it is exactly how I envisioned it - maybe even better. I will most certainly keep updating this thread with new pictures. I am laying out the concrete today as my concrete guy is coming to give a final quote. Hopefully he can start next week. The electric will be finished today so minus concrete, it should be a working pool.

Mr. Wolfe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast