Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello All. New pool owner here

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello All. New pool owner here

I am a new pool owner. I have a 12 ft pool that is 3 ft deep. The pump that came with it isn't the best. I am looking for advice on what would be a good filter and pump to buy. I am moving up to a 24 ft pool next yr.
    I have a 12 foot pool. new to owning one. I am looking for advice on a good pump and filter system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello All. New pool owner here

Welcome to TFP!

If you don't mind the added cost since you are upgrading next year, you could consider the smallest of sand filters by intex or Hayward above ground sand filters. You couldn't use one of these on the 24' next year, but that's a decision for you on the extra cost this year. I might consider roughing it this season with what you have. Good luck, and welcome again to the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Hello All. New pool owner here

Nice to have you with us at TFP. Look around the site as much as you like and also try the "Search" feature, putting it to good use at the top of the page. There is a ton of information archived in there. As you get time, please read the links you see in many of our signatures as they will help guide you early on. And something we say all the time here at TFP ... get yourself the proper test kit! (see TF-100 link below) The proper test kit is everything. Why? Because we've all learned (from personal experience) you cannot reply on pool store tests, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They don't read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need.

Other than that, it's warming-up fast, so enjoy your swimming season. Keep us posted on your upgrade.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!