Jandy LX Brass High Limit Well Replacement(HOW?)

Jun 9, 2008
Hello All, I really appreciate the wealth of info that I have obtained from TFP and it has helped me to solve many problems with my pool but after searching everywhere I still have not found any reference on how exactly to replace the brass wells in the header. For anybody that's wondering why I would want to do this , it's because these brass wells eventually corrode (really quick in salt water systems), and this in turn results the high limits always rotting out and causing many headaches. So if you're going through lot's of high limits this is the main cause.

Now the questions

1.Does the header gasket need to be replaced or can it be reused?

2.Why are there 3 brass wells in the kit when there are only 2 limit sensors?

3.From what little info I've found online it seems that this repair would involve removing the header after taking off the cover but what exactly are the steps to get to the header?

4.Has anybody ever done this repair without removing the header? Is it possible?

Any help would be great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.