Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy LX Brass High Limit Well Replacement(HOW?)

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy LX Brass High Limit Well Replacement(HOW?)

Hello All, I really appreciate the wealth of info that I have obtained from TFP and it has helped me to solve many problems with my pool but after searching everywhere I still have not found any reference on how exactly to replace the brass wells in the header. For anybody that's wondering why I would want to do this , it's because these brass wells eventually corrode (really quick in salt water systems), and this in turn results the high limits always rotting out and causing many headaches. So if you're going through lot's of high limits this is the main cause.

Now the questions

1.Does the header gasket need to be replaced or can it be reused?

2.Why are there 3 brass wells in the kit when there are only 2 limit sensors?

3.From what little info I've found online it seems that this repair would involve removing the header after taking off the cover but what exactly are the steps to get to the header?

4.Has anybody ever done this repair without removing the header? Is it possible?

Any help would be great.
    Intex Frame Set AG
    12'x36" 2,500 gallons
    cartidge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy LX Brass High Limit Well Replacement(HOW?)

Just wanted to say welcome to TFP! Hang in there please as I'm sure someone who has experience with your set-up will reply as soon as possible. Have a nice day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I'm sorry I can't help you on this. I've never done one nor have I been asked to.

Maybe call Jandy and ask their support group.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    I'm sorry I can't help you on this. I've never done one nor have I been asked to.

Maybe call Jandy and ask their support group.

Thanks anyway! I'll attempt to fumble through the repair over the weekend and if I gain any insights or run into unforeseen problems I'll share them if anybody wants.
    Intex Frame Set AG
    12'x36" 2,500 gallons
    cartidge filter