Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cheapest Bleach in Houston?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cheapest Bleach in Houston?

I've seen a few people from Houston posting and was wondering where everyone has found the cheapest bleach.

So far, the best I have found is Aldi's 8.25% which is $1.29 for 64 oz.

I would love to find something cheaper, hopefully more concentrated and in larger jugs.

Any suggestions?
    In ground 30,000 gallon rectangular plaster/pebble pool, hot tub with blower, 2 HP Pentair WisperFlo Pump, 420 Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter, Pentair Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, Easy Touch Control System, Pentair 400K BTU heater, Interfab G Force Slide with dedicated 1 HP pump, Travertine Decking, CoverStar automatic pool cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cheapest Bleach in Houston?

Walmart 1 gallon of 10% for $2.98.
    28,000 gallon salt water pool
    DE Filter
    Inground plaster construction
    1-1/4 hp pump with 1hp booster pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Boland01 View Post
    Walmart 1 gallon of 10% for $2.98.
    I was at Walmart yesterday and I only saw their 8.25% for $2.98. Maybe my store just gets the cheap stuff
    In ground 30,000 gallon rectangular plaster/pebble pool, hot tub with blower, 2 HP Pentair WisperFlo Pump, 420 Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter, Pentair Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, Easy Touch Control System, Pentair 400K BTU heater, Interfab G Force Slide with dedicated 1 HP pump, Travertine Decking, CoverStar automatic pool cover

4. Back To Top    #4

Texas is one of those state that bulk 10/12.5% is usually readily available. I would call around to local pool stores and see if they have it. Usually I would direct you to the HASA dealer list, but apparently they have not expanded to Houston yet.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

It is in Houston, not sure about any other metro areas, but it is not anywhere near me outside of buying in bulk 55 gallon drums. You can get 10% from janitor suppliers, but it's outrageous in price.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Typically I go to Wal-Mart or HEB for the standard generic bleach at just under $3. Just convenient for me.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

The price should be based on chlorine per ounce, not total price.

Chlorine Price Per Ounce Calculator

adli's is the cheapest per oz i've found, with lowes 10% being next cheapest. costco is in 3rd place.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.