Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Saying hello from Louisiana

1. Back To Top    #1

Jackson, La.

Saying hello from Louisiana

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Connie and I don't usually join forums but am very interested in pool care. Currently have AG 22'X52'', almost 11,000 gallon intex pool but hoping to build inground next year. Am waiting on TF 100 test kit any day. Learned hard way not to rely on pool store testing and recommendations. Enjoy reading the articles and posts and realize how very little I know about pool care. Nice to be here

2. Back To Top    #2
    DFW, Texas

Re: Saying hello from Louisiana

Welcome to TFP and congrats for getting a TF-100 right off the bat. This will put you way ahead of the game.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Welcome Connie from LA. Like you, many of us learned the hard way as well. Hope you enjoy the site. Look closely at everyone's signatures and you'll our most common links to assist you. If you ever have a question ... just ask!

If you weren't sure how to do it, you can add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Have a great day!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4
    East Texas

Keep the chlorine in and the gators out and you're good to go!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW Louisiana

Hello back at you from Louisiana. It is sad to say I had to look up where Jackson was though, but now that I look it up I can say I have been there, about 17-18 years ago, riding along with an old friend one weekend as he was mapping out a delivery route for that part of the state.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~