Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to fix water without a pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

White Bear Lake, MN

How to fix water without a pump?

We just got a pool last week that came with a pump but the pump stopped working 2 nights ago. I'm wondering what to do in the meantime to keep the water good. We had been using chlorine tablets on the pump and all the numbers were great aside from ph so we added baking soda to fix that. I'm worried everything will get messed up if I wait too long to do anything to the water while trying to get the pump fixed. How long does it take for algae to grow and water to get bad?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Summer Escapes 12 ft AG Ring QuickSet Pool, 30 inches deep, 2100 gallons, RX600 Polygroup Cartridge Filter System. Water Testing: hth multi-purpose 6-way test strips

2. Back To Top    #2
    DFW, Texas

Re: How to fix water without a pump?

Welcome to TFP!

This thread has lots of good information on what can be done in this situation: Newbie trying to avoid a problem!!!!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Freehold NJ

Only thing I would say is get some floaters at Walmart and put them in. Take the motor to a motor shop and either have it replaced or repaired.

4. Back To Top    #4

Pour couple cups of bleach in each day and brush to stir it up hopefully to keep algae at bay. Without knowing your CYA pucks could be tricky. Also get a good test kit. With 2100 g. You can always dump and start over.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!