Great Lakes spa, Balboa 410e board NO POWER TO HEATER. PLEASE HELP

I've tried everything here. Topside panel heat light is on. Replaced blower, pump, pressure switch and heating element over the winter. Spa wouldn't heat, had board checked out and a relay was bad. Replaced relay, still no voltage at heater. There is voltage coming into board, blower and pump both work. What could be causing the heater not to get voltage? Thanks in advance.
Great Lakes spa, Balboa 410e circuit board.

You seem pretty sharp. Basically you need a volt meter to diagnose the problem. I would start with testing for voltage on the element terminals. First, each terminal for 110 v and then both together for 220v. Or, 110v at both terminals if its a 110v element. Second, if no voltage, do the same test at the heater board terminals. If still no voltage, then that should narrow it down to the board or one of the switches that turn the heat on. Be careful, it's electricity.

Thanks for the reply. I should have added that there is voltage coming into the board as you said. Checked that first thing. Heating element and pressure switch check out fine. Had a circuit board guy look it over and the high limit relay was bad. Replaced it. Still no power to heater. Is there something that could be causing me to not get power at the heater besides a board issue? Thanks so much.

I've tried everything here. Topside panel heat light is on. Replaced blower, pump, pressure switch and heating element over the winter. Spa wouldn't heat, had board checked out and a relay was bad. Replaced relay, still no voltage at heater. There is voltage coming into board, blower and pump both work. What could be causing the heater not to get voltage? Thanks in advance.
Great Lakes spa, Balboa 410e circuit board.

Hi there. I have about the same issue you have. The heater element went out last year. The breaker had tripped and would not reset. I bought a new element, HydroQuip, which was an exact replacement for the Balboa element. I installed it, along with a new pressure switch (old switch was corroded) and everything worked fine, until a month ago. No heat again, yet the yellow light was on, and the pump, blower and spa light worked fine, just no heat. I could get the light to go off by lowering the water temperature down. I did the tests like you did and I was told to order a new element. I installed the new element, only. I reset the breaker and it tripped out immediately. Since then, I have disconnected the heater element, the pump, the blower, the control panel wire, transformer wire and a few other things. The breaker still trips. I can't figure this out, because all I did was install the new element and nothing else. I don't know what could have changed. I checked for pinched wires, bad connections and everything is dry. What did you ever figure out to repair your 410E unit? Thanks for any help or advice.

I have a Great Lakes HT with a Balboa 410E system. I have the same problem, no heat, yet the yellow light comes on to show the heater is on. The pump and blower run and seem to work fine. I was told to replace the heating element, again. I had just replaced the element over a year ago because of no heat and tripping the breaker. I replaced the element with a HydroQuip brand, made in USA, along with the pressure switch. Everything worked fine for about 14 months. I replaced the heater element a week ago and now I'm back to tripping breakers again. I don't understand what I could have done, because everything was working fine before. I have unplugged the pump, the blower, the control panel switch, disconnected the heater element, disconnected the transformer and other wires were unplugged, yet I still pop the breaker. Any ideas from you people out there? Thanks for your advice and help.

I didn't see where my previous question posted. It did post, so this is a repeat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.