Vacation planning

Sep 11, 2013
Joplin, MO
So just putting my thoughts out here to get some input.

We leave Thursday for 2 weeks! I thankfully have an incredible neighbor who will feed my pool as needed.

I've kept my CYA fairly low knowing vacation was coming. We've had TONS of rain. It was holding right at 30 during my opening SLAM, but I bet I've replaced half my water with rain water. O_O It's currently hovering under 20. If I had to guess I would put it near 15. The top of the tube makes the dot almost disappear, but not quiet.

I bought 4 tabs, (to use 2 at a time/week) and a floater today. Never thought I'd be happy to use them. My goal was to get my CYA to 40-50 by July to hold chlorine better. This lets me add it and keep things easier for my pool sitter.

So with the tabs, my plan is to have him add my normal does for a day each day. That way even if we had a super sunny or rainy day, it would still be above my minimum by night.

Does this sound like a good plan ?

Yes, sounds good. You could even increase FC some before you leave to be extra safe. I usually raise mine to shock level and leave the SWG running as is, or even an extra hour or two per day for extra security.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.