Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacation planning

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacation planning

So just putting my thoughts out here to get some input.

We leave Thursday for 2 weeks! I thankfully have an incredible neighbor who will feed my pool as needed.

I've kept my CYA fairly low knowing vacation was coming. We've had TONS of rain. It was holding right at 30 during my opening SLAM, but I bet I've replaced half my water with rain water. O_O It's currently hovering under 20. If I had to guess I would put it near 15. The top of the tube makes the dot almost disappear, but not quiet.

I bought 4 tabs, (to use 2 at a time/week) and a floater today. Never thought I'd be happy to use them. My goal was to get my CYA to 40-50 by July to hold chlorine better. This lets me add it and keep things easier for my pool sitter.

So with the tabs, my plan is to have him add my normal does for a day each day. That way even if we had a super sunny or rainy day, it would still be above my minimum by night.

Does this sound like a good plan ?
    Pool Owner since 2013 . 15'x48" AG Intex Metal Frame . 4500 Gallons . Intex 2100 GPH Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacation planning

Yes, sounds good. You could even increase FC some before you leave to be extra safe. I usually raise mine to shock level and leave the SWG running as is, or even an extra hour or two per day for extra security.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I can do that! I planned to leave the pump on 6 hours instead of 4 just in case. My cousin is going to come vacuum or at least brush the in about a week just to get things stirred up.

Pool Owner since 2013 . 15'x48" AG Intex Metal Frame . 4500 Gallons . Intex 2100 GPH Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Just wanted to update! Came home to a sparkly clean pool! With FC at 6! It needed some love being vacuumed, but the water was 90 degrees and as clear as could be!