1st test results after new liner and refill

10 days after refill test results:

FC:3.5
    CC:0.0
    PH:7.5
    CYA:20
    TA:110
    CH:175

I am using up some trichlor pucks from last year before switching over to the TFPC method. I did add two gallons of 8.25% bleach over the first few days to bring the FC levels up and I added enough granular stabilizer to bring the cya to 20 and plan to bring the cya to 30-40 with the remaining pucks (approx. 20 lbs.) before switching to bleach as my primary chlorine source. Any problem with this? How often should I check cya? We have had quite a bit of rain recently so it is not rising quite as quickly with the frequent removal of water. Also, any other adjustments I should be making? Thanks for your time and responses.
    26K Gallons, IG Vinyl, 1 HP Hayward Single Speed Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 1st test results after new liner and refill

Welcome to TFP!

Numbers look good.

Important items are
    Keep ph between 7.2 and 7.8
    Keep chlorine above the minimum for your CYA at all times to keep the pool sanitized and algae free. Chlorine CYA Chart

Test CYA weekly for a bit then monthly when stable. No problem using pucks to chlorinate and add CYA.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 1st test results after new liner and refill

Welcome GB! You speak "TFP" quite well. You're off & running in the right direction.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!