Water clarification

Apr 18, 2015
westminster md
Hello,

I have a 10,000 gallon salt water pool. I've been having trouble all season getting it clear. I went to Leslies this afternoon and had my water tested. I was told that i need to use several things, one of the items being Ultra Bright pool clarifyer. I come with the question of how much to use. The lady who helped me at Leslies told me that i need to use 1/2 of the bottle (1 quart btl) to clairify but when I got home I read the instructions and they say use 4-8 oz per 10,000 gallons of water. I only put 6 oz into my pool and figured i'd see what it looks like in the morning. Should I have dumped half the bottle in like the lady said to do? I've read that it can make your pool impossibly cloudy when you use too much clairfyer.

My next question is she also told me to use a whole gallon of instant conditioner. Leslies was out so I have to make a trip to another pool store in the morning, but is 1 gallon too much? She said my salt levels are good but I've never added a conditioner so the water isn't holding the chlorine.

If it is helpful at all i can list the results of my water analysis.

FAC- 0
TAC-0
Salt-3500
CYA-0
TA-70
PH-7.6
Copper-1
Iron-0
Pho-500

Thank you for all your help!

You really will be much better off with your own testing, and Clarifiers can be very tricky. Sometimes they can make things worse because you may get the opposite effect of what you want. It's impossible to know what will happen until you put them in, so it's always a gamble. We can help you line this out with some good numbers, and once you have a little knowledge, this really is pretty easy. Do get a good kit, post up some numbers, and let's get you fixed up. It will take a little effort but it won't be hard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.