Wilbar Int Diamond Star 24' 54" thoughts?

Jun 11, 2015
defiance
hoping to get some feedback before I pull the trigger. Looking at getting this from discountpoolsdirect with their luxury package. Total price without install comes out to just below $4500. Installer said he will charge me $1500.

specs

• One-piece Aluminum Wall
  • Weather Resistant Polyester Base Paint plus Clear Krystal Kote on outside of wall - locks out corrosion, discoloration and dirt
  • Liquilock Epoxy Wall Backer on inside of wall to prevent condensation buildup
  • 54" Wall Height
  • 11" extra-wide Resin injected Top Seat (radius)
  • 9" Multi-faceted, patterned, Krystal Kote sealed Steel Uprights
  • Two-Piece injection molded high impact Resin Caps- two tone accent
  • Interlocking Steel Stabilizer bars
  • Heavy Duty Injection molded Resin Bottom Track*
  • Snap-In one-piece Resin Bottom Cuff (no hardware)
  • Resin accent "grill" clips snap into bottom cuffs and top caps
  • Pool wall and frame are gray tones in color
  • Lifetime manufacturers warranty with one-year full warranty
  • Available in Round and Oval Sizes
  • All Diamond Star pools require a minimum of one foot clearance around pool
  • Oval Pools have a Yardmore/Narrow Yard Space Saving Design
  • All prices include shipping
  • Installation not included
  • Made in the USA
  • The luxury pool package includes the following:Diamond Star 24 Round Luxury Pool Packages
    Pool wall, 30 Mil Liner, Widemouth Skimmer
    2HP 2Sp pump with cartridge filter
    [h=3]Waterway 2hp 2sp Pump and 125sqft Cartridge Filter System[/h]Maintenance kit
    Telepole
    Automatic pool cleaner
    Pool light
    Solar and winter cover
    Flower fountain
    Automatic chlorinator
    36” Easy Entry Step System

love to get some feedback before I drop some money on this?

thanks in advance!

My 21' cost $850 to install
That price sounds high on installation.
Check this place for the pool
National discount pool supply
http://www.nationaldiscountpoolsupplies.com/
The New Yorker is what I got with aluminum wall resin top and bottom rails
Also known as the Morada by wilbar

Re: Wilbar Int Diamond Star 24' 54" thoughts?

[FONT=franklin_gothic_bookregular]The Patriot Suction Side Pool Cleaner is economical and an automatic option for cleaning an above ground pool of any size (will not work with soft sided, inflatable or Intex pools)[/FONT]

• No need for electricity - attaches to existing filtration system
  • Universal Skimmer Fitting allows cleaner to adapt to most pool skimmers
  • Octagon foot pad and Buoyancy Ring keeps the proper angle
  • Provides superior cleaning range - includes 30' hose
  • Easy to install and operate
  • Minimizes pool maintenance time
  • 1 year manufacturers warranty
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I think a smaller 2-speed pump and a larger filter (like up around 200 sqft) would be better.

What pool cleaner does it come with?

- - - Updated - - -

My 21' cost $850 to install
That price sounds high on installation.
Check this place for the pool
National discount pool supply
http://www.nationaldiscountpoolsupplies.com/
The New Yorker is what I got with aluminum wall resin top and bottom rails
Also known as the Morada by wilbar

i thought the install price was a little steep as well. However they say this guy is the best in the area so not sure if this is one of those "you get what you pay for" type of situations. My yard is pretty level. guy came out and surveyed it today. said he will have to take 6" on the back side and 3-4" the rest of the way??

I have the same size pool and the same filter/pump - had it up and running for a few weeks now and love it. It does an awesome job and my water is crystal clear

I also paid $1500 for my install. Was supposed to be $1200 but when they got here and I showed him the spot we wanted it, it was off level by 1' so there was digging :cool:

The pool you are looking at sounds like the Morada. Should be about $3000 unless you got an amazing automatic super cleaner. $850-$1100 was our quoted install price for up to a 1" out of level area. Mine ended up being 18" out of level so I did the install (and digging/excavation). If you require 3-6" of leveling of the site, $1500 sounds reasonable for a professional install. Not only is the leveling a PITA, it was tricky to do the overall install of wall, base, liner for the first time. I am sure it will be easier the next time I need to replace the liner or help a friend install a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.