ZODIAC MX8 stops after about 10 minutes

Jun 16, 2015
australia
I recently bought a new house and it has a 44,000L fibreglass pool. The previous owners decided to take the robot they had and i've purchased a Zodia MX8.

The pool has a cartridge filter which i cleaned when we moved in, i've also cleaned the basket in the pump.

The MX8 comes with a speed regulator you attach to the vacuum plate (i've got a poolrite plate). I have had this on all of the settings but i get the same result. The MX8 goes for about 10 minutes or so then slows before stopping completely.

I looked up the manual online and it says to 'close the main drain'. Not having a pool before i have NO IDEA what i'm looking at! Here are some pics of the equipment my pool has.

IMG_3703.jpgIMG_3702.jpgIMG_3701.jpg

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!

I'm sure someone here can help using your pics, most of the experts are spot on with their advice. Although, if it were me, I'd call a pool tech and have him/her come, explain the functions of all the valves & control panel, then label them with a sharpie marker for future reference, would be a worthwhile investment (at least for me).

the MX8 also comes with a clip on auto regulator at the cleaner head which will regulate the flow through the cleaner to a setting of 2.5. is this fitted or do you only have the valve regulator in the vac plate? Does the Vac plate already have an adjustment valve (a little cage fitted to vac plate)? if so then you adjust this to regulate the flow and remove the other flow valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.