Pump electrical hookup

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Going to need more info ... like where the wires are coming from?
Is this new or did you disconnect it for some reason?

You need to figure out which of the wires is a common LINE and which one is coming off the high speed relay and which one is coming off the low speed relay. Then use the wiring diagram on the motor to know where the connect the 4 wires in the motor.

Thanks for the quick reply. This is a new motor with pump. I took the old pump to the store with the wires attached and they took the wire off the old and couldn't remember how they went back on. I reinstalled the motor with pump and wired exactly how I disconnected from the timer box and the motor only ran in low speed no matter how I switched at the timer or moved the switch on the motor. The motor ran at the same speed no matter what position I put the motor switch in. At the timer switch the Blue wire is connected to #2 Load, the Black wire is connected to the "A", and the Red wire is connected to the #4 Load. The Green wire is the Ground. The motor has an "A", L1, and L2 connections, so where do the three different colors connect to on the motor? Also, which connections should the White and Black wires from the motor switch be connected to?

I do not know what #2 Load, A, and #4 Load mean.
What does the manual for the timer say?

Motor Switch? You will not have a motor switch if the timer is controlling speed.

Again, WAY more information required to help ... pictures?

I took a picture of the timer switch and can't figure out how to upload to this discussion

- - - Updated - - -

I guess it did it automatically. The conduit on the left goes to the motor. I don't know how to tell what's common or hi or low wires at the timer. So don't worry about connecting the three position switch back on the motor?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I don't have a manual for the timer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 36

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK so, knowing that this is a T106 to control speed. I understand the wires now.
The Black to the pump is the common Line
The Blue and Red to the pump are the high and low speed wires ... impossible to tell which is which, does not matter though as you can just change the trippers to get the desired speed.

You will not use the switch on the motor at all if you use this timer to switch speeds.

Need to look at the motor plate to see where to connect the wires in the pump.

The motor is a Century 2 Speed 2.6HP cat B2983 serial 13713J2 part 7-196444-05 type CXCP fr Y56Y
PH 1. 230V.

- - - Updated - - -

With the pictures I sent of the timer can you tell me what the Black, Blue, and Red wires are? Which do I connect to the "A" post on the motor, which to the L1 and which to the L2?

I have told you that already. Read my posts.

OK so, knowing that this is a T106 to control speed. I understand the wires now.
The Black to the pump is the common Line
The Blue and Red to the pump are the high and low speed wires ... impossible to tell which is which, does not matter though as you can just change the trippers to get the desired speed.

You will not use the switch on the motor at all if you use this timer to switch speeds.

Need to look at the motor plate to see where to connect the wires in the pump.

I think L2 is the common
L1 is high
A is low

Sorry but I'm not an electrician. Does the "A" on the motor mean common? I just want to make sure before I hook up the Black wire to the A post on the motor.

What at I understand is L1 is either Blue or Red
L2 is either Blue or Red
"A" is Black

if that is not correct, please tell me which color wire goes to each post "A", L1, L2

I am sorry if you cannot read my posts which tell you everything you need to know, then perhaps you should not be messing with the electrical wires.

BLACK = L2
RED and BLUE = A and L1 ... no way for me to know which is which

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.