Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Work Mats under my Wedding Steps

1. Back To Top    #1

Work Mats under my Wedding Steps

I read where someone was using the foam work mats under their ladder and a light bulb went off. I have wedding cake steps and currently use a shower stall liner, which works fine. However, I would like to raise my steps, to help the handrail line up with the deck better. Any issue with using these foam mats for that purpose? I would place them under the steps. I'm talking about the cheaper 2' x 2' foam mats that interlock. They usually sell them in packs of 4, 8, etc.
    18' AG pool, 7,646 gallons, Sun from 11:30AM-2PM.
    Pentair Dynamo 1hp pump, Intermatic Timer (6/17)
    Pentair Sand dollar filter - 100lbs, 35gpm
    Pentair Lil' Shark cleaner, TF-100 Kit
    Raypak 206A 200K, BTU gas (6/17)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Work Mats under my Wedding Steps

I guess you get to be the first to test it and find out. Take lots of pictures and document things.

I wonder if there isn;t a way to leave some gaps to allow better water circulation behind the steps?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

The steps are a few inches away fromthe pool wall. I also drilled 3" hole in various places to assist with circulation.
    18' AG pool, 7,646 gallons, Sun from 11:30AM-2PM.
    Pentair Dynamo 1hp pump, Intermatic Timer (6/17)
    Pentair Sand dollar filter - 100lbs, 35gpm
    Pentair Lil' Shark cleaner, TF-100 Kit
    Raypak 206A 200K, BTU gas (6/17)

4. Back To Top    #4

Before I put them in the pool, I would take a bucket, add bleach to it until it is the same strength as your pool, and stick a mat in it for a week or two, just to see how it reacts. Not all rubber is the same. Some gets very crumbly in Cl - rather that happen in a bucket, than in your pool.

-dave
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo