- - - Updated - - -

water turned a dark purple

- - - Updated - - -

10 ml from 1 foot down
added the powder.
dark purple
started adding drops - up to 100 now! and the water is a light gray-ish color

- - - Updated - - -

the instructions say to add until it's back to completely clear. it's not clear. it's light gray

clear is clear not gray. if pink should be gone , the instructions should say that! they don't.

- - - Updated - - -

I am just following the darn instructions!

- - - Updated - - -

I have read the instructions step by step. clear to me is clear not gray. if I go until it turns not pink, I can do that but that's not what the directions said!

Did, I "bother" no, not yet. I was following the step-by-step instructions written on the test kit. "Count each drop until the solution turns back to completely clear." That didn't seem too complicated to me.

- - - Updated - - -

22 drops to no pink. moving on.

- - - Updated - - -

22 x 0.5 = 11
3 drops x 0.5 = 1.5 CC

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yep. turned pink altho notes say red for the TA test. I got TA of 100.

- - - Updated - - -

okay. I think I need to watch a video on the CYA thing bc here I don't understand the intstructions - "the gradation closest to the fill level indicates your CYA reading."

- - - Updated - - -

where do I find that video?

Do you have the squeez bottle for CYA? Add 7 mils of water and then fill to 14 with CYA indicator
shake for 30 seconds. Add to fill tube with black dot and when the dot dissappears look on tube at level and that's your CYA reading. That's how mine works

Okay. So this is my first test final:
Chlorine 11
CC is 1.5
So if I add those up I get 12.5 for FC?
Then I got 45, I guess, on CYA. I couldnt find the video for that.
pH? Well, it looks a touch high but the directions say between 7.2-7.8 I think we are there. the Cl/Br (yellow side) is a brighter yellow than the 2-4 I think my husband told me was okay.

SOOOOO, does this look okay????

Not quite.
you have:
FC 11
CC 1.5
TC (which we do not care about) = 12.5
Call the CYA 50ppm.
The OTO is going to be brighter yellow because your TC is much greater than the 5ppm the test maxes out at.

You need to be more specific with the pH ... you want it near 7.2 when you start the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process ... which you need to do to rid yourself of the algae.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.