Chlorine / CYA chart vs PoolMath

cvgnus

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2015
Massapequa, NY
Hello all,

I have been studying pool school and pool math recently and see a small difference when it comes to chlorine levels and CYA. Perhaps I am just splitting atoms here.

At 50ppm of CYA the Chlorine / CYA chart recommends FC at 4-6ppm whereas poolmath suggests FC 4-8ppm when setup as TroubleFreePool.com. However shock levels are consistent between the two. Which of the two should I use as my goal? Sorry if this subject has been covered previously.

Thank you

The important number is the minimum. In both cases, 4 ppm. The target is a recommended level to bring up to each day when you test and dose. Some pools may use 2 ppm per day. Some may use 3 ppm. Some may use 1 ppm. Base your target on what you observe for your pool so that by the next time you test, your FC is still at or above the minimum.

Glad your looking into all the details and reading carefully. I predict you'll have no trouble maintaining your pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.