Replacing Flow Sensor - Nature2 Fusion Soft (FSOFT 1400)

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
I am wondering if anyone can help. I need to replace the flow sensor on my salt water generator. I have a Nature2 Fusion Soft 1400. I closed the pool drain and skimmers, because I thought that this would stop the water from flowing out of the Nature2. When I unscrewed the connector for the flow sensor, water started leaking out. When I removed the sensor entirely, it started draining with pretty strong force. I was able to quickly reconnect it. I don't know if this is water draining from the pool, or if it is just the filter emptying. I have a Jandy Cartridge Filter (CV460). This is what everything looks like. The valve positions are how they are normally set (without closing pool drain, etc). Is there anything that I can do to slow the water? How should I position the valves? Is this likely coming from the pool or the filter? I appreciate any input!

Additional Photos:
IMG_0454-2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_0454-2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_0452-2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0451-2.jpg
    IMG_0451-2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 24
I was able to install the new flow sensor. I unscrewed the old one and put a large pan near the opening to catch the water. I quickly put the new one in place and tightened the connector. It wasn't the cleanest repair, but It worked out okay.

By the way, Welcome to TFP!

The water was probably from the filter unless the pad is below the waterline of the pool. I don't think you would need a pan to catch the water, all the equipment is rated to get wet. That makes me think, what do you do with all the water from the filter when you clean the grids?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.